Useful MTHFR Resources along with general websites which you may find life-changing:
- 23andMe: an easy-to-do salivary genetic test which tests 1,000’s of your genes (including MTHFR).
- Sterlings App: once you receive your 23andMe results, run your raw data through here which will allow our practitioners to read the raw data. This looks primarily at immune function, detoxification, neurotransmitters. See our video on how to upload your data
- MTHFR testing at home – purchase MTHFR testing you can do at home.
How to start with supplementation:
Diet and Lifestyle:
- Folate rich foods
- Gluten Free video – why is it important to be gluten free?
- Histamine and why some people need to reduce their levels.
- Foods to avoid – see the dirty dozen
- Infrared Sauna – a good way to eliminate toxins in the comfort of your own home. HighTech Health has a very pure line of infrared saunas. Dr Lynch personally uses the ThermalLife 3 person sauna. Save $500 when stating you were referred by Dr Ben Lynch.
Some good recipe sites:
- Well Nourished
- The Healthy Chef
- Quirky Cooking
- Water filter recommendations – Vitally important to ensure clean pure water. see the attached for our recommendations.
- Video on the key issues with MTHFR and vaccination
- Interview with Dr Paul Thomas on vaccinations
- Vaccination book – good book on vaccinations in the early years
- Mthfrsupportfacebook – great site with lots of information on genes and treatment.
- Mthfr Support Australia Facebook Page
- MTHFR Support.com – Sterling Hills site, where you can upload your 23andme results.
- Seeking Health Educational Institute (SHEI) – provides numerous free educational videos and conference recordings to further educate both health professional and the public.