Brown Rice Porridge
- ¼ x cup organic brown rice (uncooked)
- ½ x cup of almond milk (or ¼ x cup almond milk + ¼ x cup water)
- 2 x Tbsp of organic natural yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 1 x Tbsp of organic crushed nuts (walnuts and/almonds)
- Top with 2 x sliced strawberries or a small handful of blueberries
- Bring almond milk and/or water to the boil
- Add rice and return to the boil. Once boiling, turn down to simmer
- Simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked and all the fluid has been absorbed.
- Pop cooked rice into a bowl and add yogurt, fruit and sprinkle with nuts
NB: You can double the quantity to make 2 serves and refrigerate half for the next day. Avoid eating left over rice more than 48 hours after it has been cooked (it is great at attracting microbes and will be high in Histamine).