- 4 x 200g (7 oz) salmon fillet, bones removed or feel free to use whatever fish you like (sardines, blue eye, snapper all work really well)
- 500 g / 17 1/2 oz green peas (fresh or frozen)
Avocado salsa verde
- 1 avocado, peeled and stone removed (200g / 7 oz)
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 bunch flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1 small bunch mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 ml / 4 1/2 fl oz) water
- sea salt and white pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / 400°F
- To make the avocado salsa verde:
- Combine the avocado, lemon juice, parsley, mint and 1/4 cup (60 ml / 2 fl oz) of the water in a good high speed blender like a Vitamix.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the water and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Season with a little sea salt and pepper then set aside in the fridge until needed.
- Cook salmon fillets, skin side down in an oven proof pan with a little olive oil over a medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Place the pan in the oven to finish cooking the salmon for another 4 – 5 minutes to finish cooking.
- Cook peas for 5 minutes then drain.
- Smash them with a potato masher, adding 2 heaped tablespoons of the avocado salsa verde.
- Serve a scoop of smashed green peas onto serving plates and top with a piece of roasted salmon.
- Garnish with a little lemon and drizzle a little salsa verde around.
This recipe is sourced from one of my favourite sites the The Healthy Chef
I hope you enjoy!