What is Sterlings App- Variant report?
It is an application, which translates the raw data from 23andMe into detailed information about the effects of genetic variations – single nucleotide polymorphisms or SNPs – generating variant and excipient reports.
Sterling’s App is Efficient
It takes only 10 minutes and $30 USD dollars to get the detailed report in the PDF format from the application, making it time- and cost-effective.
What we get from Sterling’s App?
It provides information about the gene variation (SNP) status – homozygous/heterozygous mutations for key genes in biochemical pathways. For example: eye health, liver detoxification, tongue tie/cleft palate, methylation, allergy/mold, IgE, IgA, IgG, clotting disorders, thyroid, celiac/gluten intolerance, mitochondrial function, sulfonotransferase genes, hormones, and neurotransmitters.
The risk associated with any genetic polymorphism is colour-coded, with red denoting high risk of a defective protein (this means it is a change to the normal functioning gene) and green denoting no risk of a defective protein. This app offers analysis of variations present in several genes:
- Genes involved in liver detoxification.
- Genes involved in methylation and methionine/homocysteine pathways.
- Genes involved in trans-sulfuration pathway.
- Genes involved in alcohol metabolism.
- Genes involved in neurotransmitter pathway.
- Genes involved in mitochondrial function.
- Genes involved in immune health
How to Use
This application requires only few simple steps:
- Download the raw data from the 23andMe website.
- Upload the 23andMe raw data on the Sterling’s App.
- Select the desired report – variant or excipient.
- Pay for the report.
- View the report.
Downloading data from 23andMe
- Sign-in to the 23andMe website: Enter with your username and password (https://www.23andme.com/cas/signin/).
- Click on the ‘Browse Raw Data’ option: This option is available in the drop-down menu (right beside your name in the upper right hand corner).
- Download your data: For safety purposes, the download can be done only after entering your password and the secret question, which was set up while setting up your 23andMe account.
Uploading data on the Sterling’s App
- Sign-up for an account on the MTHFR support website (https://mthfrsupport.com/my-account/): Register for an account and set up a password.
- Click on the ‘Order Reports’ option, which is found under the Sterling’s App option on the page.
- Click on the ‘Upload My Genome File’: Upload the appropriate file, which you downloaded from the 23andMe website.
- Click and select the generated file name.
- Click on the ‘Generate Report from Selected File’ option.
- Select the Report type: Choose the type of report you would like to receive-Variant or Excipient. You can choose by viewing samples for each type.
- Use the promotional code and proceed to the next step.
- Enter your billing details and press the ‘continue’ tab.
- Pay using PayPal or credit/debit card.
- Check the option ‘I’ve read and accept the terms and conditions’.
- Click on the ‘Proceed to Pay’ tab.
Viewing the Report
- You can either receive a mail with a link to your variant report or you can click the ‘View Reports’ option under the Sterling’s App option.
- Click the eye icon to view the report.
- You can search either a specific term in your report using ‘Tag Search’ or specific genes using ‘SNP Search’.
- You can also search pathways that may be affected due to gene variations.
- The plus sign (+) in the report could be clicked to view additional details for the SNP. For example, you can view the research published for the specific SNP by clicking the rsID.
- One can easily find all the information about SNPs by referring to the book ‘SNPBit Compendium 1’, which is available under the ‘Shop’ option on the MTHFR Support page.
A sample report is shown below:
The SNPs could be viewed in the form of diagrams/pathways as shown below: